March 27, 2011

Eagan's 10th Birthday

Eagan has been such a good dog.  I can't believe he is already 10 years old!  It seems like just yesterday we were in Minnesota and we got him.  He was so tiny when we got him I had to buy a cat collar to put on him.  I was trying to potty train him and wanted to make sure I heard him move at night if he woke up.  The cat collar was the only one small enough for him and it came with bells on it so I could hear him.  We had him potty trained in two weeks.  I am sure people thought I was a nut outside with him telling how good he was and giving him treats every two hours when he would go to the bathroom, but it worked!  We did not know how Eagan would react to Tinsley when I was pregnant.  I thought he would do well, but this was of course a concern.  He does great!  He loves her so much.  Eagan has slept on a pillow above my head every night since the day that we brought him home.  That all changed when we brought Tinsley home.  Tinsley sleeps in her co-sleeper or bassinet beside me every night.  Eagan now sleeps beside me between she and I.  Anytime Tinsley starts to cry or fuss, he will put his chin over the side of the bed and check on her.  It is so sweet!  We love our Eagan so much and I know that he and Tinsley are going to be big time buds as she gets older!

The Birthday Boy






No comments:

Post a Comment