October 23, 2011

Not feeling so great

Tinsley has had a rough week.  Tuesday night she woke up 4 times and could not seem to get comfortable.  She has been coughing and sneezing quite a bit, especially at night.  This continued Wednesday night and Thursday night.  Friday morning I called the doctor.  Last week when we were there, she was concerned that Tinsley's throat was so red.  Mom and I took her in on Friday afternoon.  Her throat is still really red and she is pretty congested.  Dr. Peck ran another strep test which came back negative again.  Her nose is a bit runny, but she thinks it is just a cold.  They were a bit concerned that we might be dealing with croup due to the fact that she is worse at night, but her cough does not sound "croupy", which we are glad about.  Dr. Peck stated that she is also going through "big time teething" which could be another reason for the lack of sleep.  We are to give Tinsley cough medicine as needed and tylenol or advil for the teething or fever as needed.  I was so thankful that we went to the doctor on Friday and received assurance that we were not dealing with anything too serious because Friday night was our worst night this week by far.  Tinsley went to sleep around 9:30.  She woke up at 10:45. I rocked her and attempted to put her back down.  She immediately woke up crying.  I rocked her again and ended up laying in bed elevated with her sleeping on my chest.  She slept this way from about 11:30 until 1.  At 1, she woke up again.  She took a little bit of bottle, but just seemed really restless.  She and I went into her room and I let her play a little bit.  I have been trying not to let her play during the night, because I don't want to encourage night-waking, but she seemed to feel pretty crummy, so at this point, I was willing to do whatever made her happy.  At around 1:45, she came over to me and laid her head down in my lap.  I picked her up thinking we would go and rock some more and hopefully go back to sleep.  As soon as we stood up, she started throwing up.  I called dad in for reinforcements.  Toby gave Tinsley a bath while I showered and cleaned up the mess.  She finally went back to sleep around 4 and then was back up around 6.  She wants to be held constantly and does not seem to be able to breathe at all when laying down.  By Saturday morning, I was deliriously tired to say the least.  Grandmom came and picked Tinsley up, I took a nap, and poor dad had to go work cattle.  Saturday night was better than Friday night.  Tinsley did wake up four times, but each time, I was able to rock her and get her back to sleep.  She spent a portion of the night in her swing and the rest of the night in our bed sleeping on me.  Her cough sounds a little bit more "cruddy" this morning, so we hope that the drainage is breaking up.  She seems to feel pretty good during the day, the nights are just not much fun.  Granddad spotted what looks to be tooth #4 coming in on the top left hand side the other day.  So we figure that with the cold and working on two new teeth, we are bound to have a few more rough nights.  Tinsley went to church this morning with Grandmom and Granddad.

Her eyes are on the verge of closing in this pic, but I am loving her "Fall" attire.

Aunt Whitney said that she had to take Tinsley and Granddad's picture together as they both looked like "pumpkins" :-)




1 comment: